The Growth Commission met on 21 January in Cambride and took evidence from speakers and the audience. Copies of presentations (where made) are included here on this page. A full event report is available here.
Download individual presentations (pdf format):
4. Economic trends, opportunities and needs in the local economies within the Corridor:
9.00 ARRIVAL AND REFRESHMENTS
9.30 INTRODUCTION AND WELCOME TO CAMBRIDGE – Lewis Herbert, Leader, Cambridge City Council
9.40 INTRODUCTION TO THE LSCC GROWTH COMMISSION – Harvey McGrath, Chair
9.45 SETTING THE SCENE – DESCRIBING THE CORRIDOR’S ECONOMY, AND ITS FUTURE PROSPECTS
1. Understanding the performance and characteristics of the Corridor, Professor Pete Tyler, University of Cambridge
2. Future of Tech + Growth Industries, Panel discussion: Harriet Fear, One Nucleus; Bob Driver, Cambridge Wireless; Martin Garratt, Cambridge Cleantech; Professor Pete Tyler, University of Cambridge
10.30 CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES: LONDON AND THE CORRIDOR
3. London Growth trends, challenges, opportunities and the implications for the corridor: Andy Rumfitt, Director, AECOM.
4. Economic trends, opportunities and needs in the local economies within the Corridor: Neil Darwin, Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough LEP; Neil Hayes, Hertfordshire LEP; Dominic Collins, Essex County Council / SELEP.